The District Administration is envisaging to provide Sensitive, Moral, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent Governance thereby reducing delay and providing better services to the citizens of the district of NICOBAR by adopting simplified procedures and ways for efficient monitoring through Information technology. We are committed to address the queries of the public and provide information on various services offered by the DC office through internet based technology which may be treated as the first step in the sequence of steps that are to be taken to make the district as an e-DISTRICT.
- Transparent, accountable & efficient governance Seamlessly integrated Administrative machinery
- Improve the quality of life of the citizens
- Networked key functions like Police, Judiciary, Transport etc.
- Complete computer literacy & e-education
- Electronic delivery of services through 100 % online submission of all forms and requests and status tracking
The Vision of Nicobar District Administration is:
“To make Administration transparent, efficient & effective and deliver to citizen services online to make it user friendly and citizen centric governance through adequate infrastructure, capacity building and with required process reengineering there by providing access to the facilities and make the Services available 24 X 7 to the citizen.”
Silent Features of the System:
- Complete process tracking from application stage till final delivery of service
- Monitoring of pending applications at every stage with pre-defined service periods and automatic escalation.
- Building of FIFO concept at identified levels to bring in fairness.
- Generation of all outputs including acknowledgement, service statement summary (3S), Final service output
File Monitoring System
The District Administration also implements a web based Software for the normal traking of files or letters in the internal movement. which is helpful for tracing out the files or Letters amoung the office Staffs. How many files are pending with each officers and their subordinate officers.Day wise pending summary. Duration of pending with each officers and their subordinate offices.
DHS – Staff Management System
The District Health Society maintains all of its contractual staff details viz. Staff details, Leave data, Contract validity status via this computerized staff management portal. Also the C-DAC’s eSMS messaging service has been embedded within this software.
The Emergency Operational Centre, Car Nicobar has been equipped with a web application for sending emergency alerts to the HOD’s of the State Administration posted at Nicobar group of islands. In the software, the C-DAC’s eSMS messaging service has been embedded.